About AmirKabir Petrochemical Complex: Amir Kabir Petrochemical Company (Public Joint Stock) at a Glance; Executive of the 6th Olefin Project
To facilitate executive activities of petrochemical industries and taking the use of domestic and foreign cooperation and investment, National Iranian Petrochemical Co. established Amir Kabir Petrochemical Co. as the executive of the projects at hand. The latter was selected to execute 6th Olefin Project in May 1998. This project is of the ones enacted for the Second Five-Year Plan of National Iranian Petrochemical Co.
Amir Kabir Petrochemical Co. is located in a land of some 55 Hectares, site No. 4, roughly North West of Bandar Imam Khomeini Petrochemical Complex, south part of Petrochemical Special Economic Zone, Mahshahr.
The Commencement Date of the Project: 1998
Formal Inauguration Date: Spring 2005
Executive Achievements of the Project:
- Manufacturing more than 95 percent of stationary equipment in Iran while saving an approximate sum of seventy million And, direct & indirect occupation of some eight million and twenty two million persons-hour, respectively.
- An approximate saving of 20-30 percent for investment in comparison with global investments
- More than 163 square Km of the site foundation has been piled
- Furnaces of Olefin unit were made in Iran for the first time
- The Especial Acetylene Conversion Reactor was made in Iran for the first time
- The Reactors of Heavy Polyethylene Units were made in Iran for the first time
- Using public funds through providing the public with the Company’s stocks (in the form of subscription)
- Involvement of private sector in Polypropylene Unit (100 %)
- Carry out detailed engineering of all units by Iranian consultants
- Installation and construction of all units by Iranian contractors
- Engineering management and execution by domestic manpower
- Manufacturing and Installation of double-walled ethylene reservoir by Iranian contractors
Scope of Activities:
As one of the biggest state’s polyolefin production companies, Amir Kabir Petrochemical Company produces more than 700,000 tons of different sorts of light, heavy and linear and light and polyethylene per annum. Such raw materials are used in downstream industries such as pipes and films. It also produces more than 20,000 tons of 1-Butene as the consumption copolymer. In addition, the company produces 51,000 ton of butadiene. Such materials, for domestic and foreign use, are marketed and sold by the Company’s Commercial Department.
- Investigation and identification of metal-bearing compounds existing in the residue of catalytic sludge produced by HD unit to make fundamental decisions about them
- Reduction of residue and Spent Catalyst Hazard Potential of B1 unit
- Design and installation of press filter on the way of the HD unit’s industrial wastewater to segregate solid particles from such waters
- Replacement of CFCs with Ozone Friendly gases in ventilations systems to prevent the depletion of ozone layer
- Refinement of Cooling Blow Down water and its reuse in cooling system (prospective plan)
- Installation of On Line analyzer on the way of output surface waters ( being executed)
- Design, manufacturing and installation of 7 sorts of silencers to diminish the noise of the site equipment
- Sampling and analysis of chemical substances in the laboratory of the complex
- Investigation of the biological indexes in staffs in contact with benzene (being executed (at hand)
- Installation of chlorinator and 55 water treatment apparatuses in the site
- Basic engineering design for the recovery of the gasses emitted to the flare of the olefin unit
- Reduction of electricity consumption using Polymer Processing Additives (PPA)
- Design and manufacturing of Energy Consumption Optimizer and Developer of Electricity Quality
- Manufacturing of polymer-based membrane to recover ethylene monomer, co monomer and nitrogen gas in polymer unit
- Increasing the scale of SDX-like catalyst production in 50-60 Kg per batch
- Establishment of Knowledge Management System in the Company
- The tentative production of PE 100 with SACIR 510 catalyst (replacing THT)
- Investigating the effects of the produced paraffinic compounds in polymeric reactions of HD unit on the performance of Ziegler- Natta catalysts
Integrated Management System (IMS)
Obtained ISO certificates, Amir Kabir Petrochemical Company has always considered the quality promotion of the produced materials to draw the attentions of its customers, employees, and shareholders. It has obtained these certificates because of complying with the regulations of them following to the Global ISO Standards Plan. It shall be taken into consideration that such certificates do have a great importance in oil, gas, and petrochemical industries.
On Oct. 21, 2005, in the light of its organizational goals and following a decision made by the management of the company concerning the systematic improvement of activities and work procedure in Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE), the Company concluded an agreement with Rahbaran Petroshimi Co. to establish IMS. After conductance of auditing and some periodical visits by the company’s consultant as well as some domestic and foreign auditing, the company was awarded with IMS certificates on May 17, 2006.
In line with establishment of HSE management system, HSE-MS certificate was obtained on the same date. In 2007 and 2008, the observatory auditing were carried out and the certificates were reissued upon the completion of the three-year period in 2009.
The following management standards have been obtained:
- ISO 9001:2015- based Quality Management Systems
- ISO/TS 29001: 2007-based Quality Management System (for oil, gas and petrochemical Industries)
- ISO 14001: 2015-based Environmental Management System
- OHSAS 18001: 2007-based Safety and Professional Health Management System
- Integrated HSE Management System
In order to comply with the quality of its products, Amir Kabir Petrochemical Company has also obtained following certificates:
- Approval of England’s Pira Co. concerning Food Grades for HDPE and LLDPE products for their uses in food industries
- PE 100 to produce heavy polyethylene
EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) is a model introduced as a primary framework of assessment and development of organizations. In fact, it is indicative of sustainable advantage, which an excellent organization ought to pursue.
Selection and integration of proper approaches and stride for establishment of process-based management system are among the activities, which can well be executed in the context of such management framework. If they are associated with assessment, strength points and remediable arenas of the organization can well be manifested. Therefore, such plans may be defined.
Upon execution of remedial plans, the efficacy of approaches will be promoted and the organization’s goals are fulfilled resultantly.
- Introduction and history
- A glance at strategic management
- Management decorations
- Performed projects and plans
- Periodical reports
Strategy and planning or strategic management is one of the most intrigue issues which economic enterprises face with. In addition, it has suffered further complication in the course of time and in line with the increase of environmental changes such as market changes, competitors’ moves, changes in governmental laws and regulations and technological developments and changes as well.
Management researchers have deemed the existence of a shared and coherent strategy in the whole organization as one of the pivotal obligations required for its success. In other words, an organization lacks strategy has been compared with a ship with no rudder as if reacts to environmental changes (such as wind and water currents) impulsively. Obviously, there is no guarantee for the ship to be navigated properly or got to the land. However, and inevitably, the wheelman role cannot be repudiated.
A strategy resulted from a prospective discovery process deals with understanding of the prospective needs of clients and taking the use of the managers’ insights and intuitions for identification of new business opportunities. Therefore, the process of strategy codification, as a pre-codified, routine and an especially implementable process, cannot be prescribed for all companies. Competitive advantage creation in an organization, through possession of successful processes, may secure the way to achievement of excellent results.
Amir Kabir petrochemical company, on this ground, has started codification of its strategic planning since 2009.
The main beliefs of the company’s managers, from the very onset, have been to involve the maximum cooperation of enthusiastic managers and experts. For this reason, more than 44 persons attended in the first year of Codification Plan and did their bests to do so while sharing their personal information and experiences in an amicable and professional environment. Result of the first year of strategic planning was to prospect the ten-year goals and outlook of the company, codification of organizational assignments and values and adoption of major strategies.
Balance Scorecard has been used in line with translation of major goals and strategies to implementable plans in the organization. Relying on this issue, all the strategic purposes of the company were converted to practical plans, strategic indexes and quantitative purposes in the next stage.
Upon execution of the plans codified in 2010 and annual revision of 2011, they were all updated for the purpose of increasing the efficacy of plans.
Prospect, Duty and Values
As the producer of polymeric raw materials and products in domestic and international markets, we cordially and profoundly seek promotion of the beneficiaries’ satisfaction through sustainable profit-making, provision of premium quality products and services, improvement of life quality, observation of HSE issues. We firmly believe in win-win relationship
- The safest company to purchase from
- The most attractive company for investment
- The most idealistic company to work
- The most environmentally-oriented company
The major goals of Amir Kabir Petrochemical Co. are as follows:
- Long-term promotion of the stakeholders’ shares
- Increment of profitability and omission of accumulated loss
- Quantitative and qualitative promotion of products and services
- Being paramount in organizational processes
- Empowerment and development of manpower
- Upgrading IT integrated systems
Description of Products:
The interested viewers can download the full descriptive PDF file of the Amirkabir PC from the link below: